Monday, January 7, 2013

ANOTHER Color of the Year for 2013: SW #6464 Aloe






According to Craig Nakano of the L.A. Times,in the color-of-the-year derby, the paint company Sherwin-Williams named a midcentury-tinged blue called Aloe -- "a hint of mint and lots of moxie" -- as its top hue for 2013.

“This is no ordinary pastel – Aloe is funky and glamorous, demure and free-spirited. While Aloe’s vibe can verge on retro, when paired with caviar blacks, crisp whites or soft grays, suddenly Aloe has a new soul and attitude. And Aloe is highly adaptable, making it a perfect pick for everyday spaces such as a breezy sunroom or a well-dressed living room,” says Jackie Jordan, Sherwin–Williams director of color marketing.


Jordan recommends “coupling Aloe with natural textiles, aged metals or warm wood tones in light to medium finishes. For a more energetic look, Jordan suggests combining Aloe with vintage chartreuse, floral lilacs and vivid corals.”  Below, it is shown with what appears to be a terra cotta color. 





Pinned Image
Wall Paint
Why is it important to know the colors of the year?  As a designer, I like to know what colors may be on the horizon...what might home accessories be made in...etc.  I do like this color, partly because it is a green and partly because it does bring back some old memories of mint or toothpaste colored rooms that my grandparents had...I DO find it a very soothing color that makes me think of vacation/tropical destinations...by no means am I saying I will paint a whole room in it though. 




Pinned Image
Wall Paint used with a gray

Tell me what you think about this color? And where might you use it?



     

1 comment:

  1. The images appear to be broken. I'd live to see them. I just bought 2 gallons of Aloe for SW to use for my laundry room and bathroom ceiling (it was painted a similar hue years and years ago)

    ReplyDelete