Thursday, January 6, 2011

Honeysuckle # 18-2120

HoneysuckleThe holiday season is over…decorations are put away…now what? How about a color change in the house or cabin? Honeysuckle is Pantone’s Color of the year and why… drum roll please…



According to Pantone it is a “color for all seasons. Courageous Confident Vital A brave new world. Let the bold spirit of Honeysuckle infuse you, lift you, and carry you through the year. It’s a color for every day- with nothing ‘everyday’ about it.”

What are they talking about? I guess it is the psychology of color. While last year’s Pantone Color of the Year Turquoise # 15-5519 let us escape and think of relaxation and the tropics, honeysuckle will lift our spirits in times of stress. This reddish pink color attracts the hummingbird to its flower and looks good on men and women. According to Leatrice Eiseman, Executive Director of Pantone Institute, it is also believed to help us get rid of the blues and bring on a nostalgic feeling because we associate the color with its scent and carefree days of spring and summer.

How can you use it without being overwhelmed? How about in your accessories or paint an accent wall in a hallway, kitchen or family room. Crate and Barrel has some beautiful pillows, shower curtains and bedding in this color. They are sure to lift your spirits on a cold winter day! It has also been combined with a kelly green or a spring green for a rather "preppy" look-at least it reminds me of some of the clothing that J.Crew offers that definitely have a "preppy" feel to them.

Crate and Barrel Bedding

Crate and Barrel Shower curtain


Holiday Kitchen fromTraditional Home

Design Quote of the week: “I don’t think people have enough fun with decorating. It doesn’t always have to be so serious. Design isn’t like a marriage. You don’t have to commit for life.” -Designer Ross Cassidy, June 2010 issue of Elle Décor magazine

Inspiration of the Week: I ordered fresh cut spruce for a 6’ round table top I had viewed on a website that offered recycled wood accessories such as benches and tables. I wanted a rough look to my tabletop and may beat the wood up with a chain or hammer before I put a finish on it. I also made sure it was 1 ¾” thick for a nice deep edge and plan on “biscuit-ing” it together and building a frame for the underside to prevent twisting. The guys at Windsor Plywood have been most helpful!

Remodel update: Right before the holidays I finished the trim paint( which by the way, I think my door color- Suitable Brown-was used on the railings in the MT State Capitol Building), looked at a lot of fabrics for roman shades for the fishbowl of a dining area and finally decided to buy natural woven wood blinds from my own company. I sell blinds from Timber Blinds, check it out at http://www.timberblinds.com/, then let me know if you are interested or need a consultation about window coverings.

No comments:

Post a Comment