Saturday, April 2, 2011

Thinking about change/CMG color forecast

I have been thinking about changing the content and the things I write about on the blog... I will update - or just actually change it all up on you without notice!!! I will still be discussing interior design, but the entries may be shorter and more frequent! Keep reading and become a "follower"...it is quick and easy to do...and you can comment on anything you see in the blog or request a subject you want more information about. The last couple of years I have been providing the color of the year from Pantone. There is another group of professionals who predict color trends, etc. for alot of different industries and it is called the Color Marketing Group. Honey Moon. A” golden honey color with a hint of ochre”. This is the Color Marketing Group’s forecast from their fall meeting. Their spokesperson says “It is a vintage color that goes well with citron, dark leafy greens, spice market reds, and dusky violets”, creams and metallics. CMG is a group of design and color professionals that look for the top palette pick for the “next” color to use. It is a long way from the bright pinkish color that Pantone chose, honeysuckle, for its color of 2011, but just as beautiful. I love this color, it can really brighten up a room. Pre-remodel, my formal living room used all of these colors and they work beautifully if you like a French Country look. In a south facing room, such as mine, it was such a sunny color perfect for taking a nap in or reading a book. Even at night it would perk you up. If you want to know more about CMG, go to: http://www.colormarketing.org/Visitors This picture from the Calico Corners website shows a more modern mix of patterns and the honey moon color. Design quote of the day: While I like the things that I own, I don't have anything that I could not live without. I am constantly moving things around, passing them on to friends - a sort of sharing- and when it is appropriate, using things I own in decorating schemes. When I use something that I have owned for many years in a project for a client, I don't think of it as getting rid of something. For me, it is like keeping things in the family. Albert Hadley, The Story of America's Preeminent Interior Designer Remodel update: Finally took pictures of the roman shades I made. It uses a linen-look poly fabric that has a small square motif in perfect little rows horizontally and vertically. They have eliminated the "fishbowl" where any passerby could see into our lives. Inspiration of the day, week, or month: the Home Show inspired me to get going with my kitchen drawings, quotes and materials. I basically have them picked out, just need to know the cost. More to come on this issue...

No comments:

Post a Comment