Thursday, June 16, 2011

Oo-la-la backsplashes...

Because I am working on my own kitchen design I have been researching backsplash materials. These caught my eye for one reason or another..good or bad!

The 3D copper backsplash pictured below is rather cool- I have a copper kitchen sink and this might be a good choice to tie the 2 together...


This rock backsplash is not something I would use...I just can't quit thinking about how you would clean it! And trust me you want a cleanable backsplash! Whether it is food or grease or even just water splashed on it...and what about dust?!?!?




This picture is just plain awesome! I don't know that it would work in my design, but just seeing the outdoors come in and the light shining thru the glassware is pretty cool...





Lastly, I like the clean crisp look of this backsplash! I love the contemporary, modern shape of the tiles and the subtle color changes. The open shelves would be great to show off my dishes and platters! (And I do have a kind of dish fetish...shhh...don't tell my husband! I just can't seem to pass up a beautiful platter or serving dish!)



What material would you like to use? Any particular colors? Send me pictures of yours and I will post them!


Design Quote of the day/week or month (what ever you choose!): "There's alot of misinformation about marble being too porous and impractical. I still think it's the best kitchen counter material. Put a marble poultice on a watermark for 24 hours and it will be completely restored." Robert Bakes, owner Bakes and Company, Sag Harbor, NY







No comments:

Post a Comment