Tuesday, June 21, 2011

WHAT ABOUT A GREY?

I can honestly say that I have never been a huge fan of the color grey...charcoal, dusty colors(which are made with grey, by the way), were okay, but not a true grey. I have to admit after overdosing on dark brown and black as neutrals, I have grown to love grey! I think colors can be re-worked and look fresh again! Which reminds me of the resurgence of hot pink and kelly green...very preppy, but very fun and fresh! I can't believe I was so judgemental in my younger years...(Of course, I will not wear grey very often near my face as I look dead! Just not a good color for Verna...jewelry is another story as I love silver!)

Think about all of the grey in nature..clouds, elephants, rocks and how beautiful they are! So I guess we can change our mind about colors...



Grey is a mix of white and black in its purest form, but any other color can be added to it to make it warmer or cooler. Silhouette has red undertones, Metropolitan has cool blue, and Revere Pewter has warmer undertones. I have recently(during the remodel) painted a sofa table gray and have stained my new 72" table top with both grey and brown...to look kind of weathered. I like grey with other soothing colors- aqua and sage to apple green.


These are Cape May Cobblestone and Kendall Charcoal.



Revere Pewter and Metropolitan




Silhouette.



So what do you think? Could you like grey a little more? Paired with a lilac or purple like the carpet picture courtesy of the Flor Carpet Tiles website. www.flor.com I fell in love with this carpet- and carpet tiles can be changed out if they get ruined or stained.

A sidenote: I am awaiting samples from the concrete countertop craftsmen that will be a charcoal grey with a brown or bronze accent. I will let you know how they turn out!


Designer quote: "Remember, color is not just color, but mood, temperature and structure." - Van Day Treux


































No comments:

Post a Comment